Long time, no see!
Quick life update: I’m now in the third trimester of pregnancy and things have been going well so far… (touch wood).
We’ve found out we’re having a girl and she is a very active little madam indeed. The shopping list is big but we have made a dent with getting the pram, car seat and Isofix base in a helpful bundle deal from Mamas & Papas. We’ve also been investing in some second-hand sleep suits and the like from Depop. I’d thoroughly recommend checking these out if you too are expecting!
Once again I’m sorry for the lack of updates. Working full time and growing a new life has left me very tired indeed. I hope to have more time to blog now I am using up my holiday at work to go almost part time during the last couple of months before maternity leave.
Whilst I’m here I thought I’d share my current beauty and lifestyle favourites with you:
- Dove Summer Revived: As we come out of the colder months it’s nice to have a bit of a glow. If you’re pale skinned like me and burn to a crisp within five seconds of basking in the sun or are just sensible about skincare, it’s better to fake it. This is a gorgeous gradual tanning lotion which leaves a subtle glow without streaks or making me look like an Oompa Loompa. I go with the fairer variety but there is also a darker offering.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara: Yes, the bloggers’ fave, but for a reason. I’m all about the quick and effective products (even more so these days!) and this ticks all the boxes for me when it comes to mascaras. I would happily pay more for it, but don’t tell Maybelline. This mascara beats or at least competes with every high-end version…
- Emma’s Rectangle: I’ve only just discovered Emma’s channel but I love everything I’ve seen so far. She’s a lovely down to earth girl and I thoroughly enjoy watching her tutorials and hauls. Check her out here.
- Bloglovin’: I am addicted to swiping through my favourite blogs on my tablet during my lunch break at work. It’s just so convenient to have everything in one feed rather than hopping through different links! You can follow this blog here!
- ASOS maternity jeans: I have tried them all and nothing fits me like ASOS. Personally, I was highly disappointed in the New Look maternity range as they come up too large. H&M are amazing for tops but the jeans are too expensive. So the responsibility fell to ASOS! I am lucky enough to be able to wear jeans to my office job so I NEED a reliable few pairs to see me through pregnancy. Look out for special offers!
I’ll be back very soon hopefully with more single product reviews amongst some other stuff!
PS Don’t forget to follow vivifyblog on Instagram where I am trying out instastories! The above picture is lifted directly from my “story” from a few days ago.